Des Moines Activity Center
In response to the Coronavirus outbreak the Des Moines Activity will be closed until further notice and we will be serving hot lunch as a take-out. Come by the Center at 12 noon to pick up your lunch Monday-Thursday.
Des Moines Activity Center staff, enthusiastic volunteers and Advisory Committee specialize in creating a sense of community for older adults and their families. In partnership with key agencies, Des Moines Activity Center provides programs that enhance the experience of being an older adult and are focused on meeting the goals of successful aging – all served with a generous portion of fun!
We are always looking for volunteers for special events, office work and drivers. Please contact us at email@example.com.
Check out our newsletter and discover the programs and services we offer that strive to meet successful aging goals to Maintain physical well-being; Keeping mentally stimulated, Maintain relationships and Maintain mental and spiritual wellbeing.
Des Moines/Normanday Park Activity Center Newsletter
Monthly Lunch Menu
Wellness Connections for Older Adults in the Greater Des Moines/Normandy Park Communities
Learn more about City of Des Moines Human Services Committee and get a copy of the Community Services Directory.
Senior Services Advisory Committee
Maintain Physical Well-being
Physical Exercise: Research shows that regular physical exercise is essential to healthy aging.
- Enhance Fitness-partnership with Group Health, Senior Services
- Fitness Classes-Yoga, Unwind Your Spine, Strength and Stretch and Tai Chi
- Sports-Coed Softball Regional League, Drop-in Volleyball and Golf, Pickleball
- Wii Sports-Drop-in Golf and Bowling
- Nutritional Lunches, Monday-Thursday, in partnership with Catholic Community Services, are spiced with bubbling laughter and shared memories.
- Monthly Menu
- Meals on Wheels-partnership with Senior Services
- Priceless gifts of time and energy from dedicated volunteer enhance the lives of senior friends and neighbors and offer volunteers meaningful experiences.
- Participation in programs provides social engagement and contributes towards emotional well-being
- Volunteer opportunities in Des Moines
- Volunteer Application
Keep Mentally Stimulated
- Arts & Writing classes
- Participating in activities, classes, trips
Maintain mental/spiritual well-being and safe, secure life through wellness workshops
- AARP Safety at the wheel
- Blueprint for living presentations
- Health and Wellness Connections
- South King County Fire & Rescue Senior Safety
Links to our Partner Agencies
Metro/King County Accessible Transportation & Reduced Fare Permits
- Volunteer Transportation
- Senior Information & Assistance
- Senior Rights & Assistance
- Statewide Health Insurance Benefits Assistance Advisors
- Hyde-Shuttle Transportation volunteer application - Printable Version
- Meals on Wheels application
- SeaMar Community Health Center
- Wellness and Consumer Education