- Feature Links
- Permit Center
Welcome to the City of Des Moines Permit Center! Our staff are here to assist with the process of application, review, issuance, and inspection of proposed land use and construction activities that require permits and to answer questions about code requirements.
- apply for - residential re-roof/electrical/plumbing/mechanical permit | right-of-way permit
- check the status of an existing permit - building (BLD) permits | engineering (ENG) permits
- schedule an inspection - building (BLD) permits | engineering (ENG) permits
- view scheduled inspections - building (BLD) permits | engineering (ENG) permits
ApplicationsPermit applications are accepted and permits are issued between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. You are encouraged to arrive prior to 4:00 pm to allow sufficient time to process your application. Staff is available to answer questions only until 4:30 pm when the doors close for business.
- Building Permits - Application and informational handouts for building, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, demolition and fire prevention permits.
- Sign Permits - Application and informational handouts relating to the requirements and restrictions for business signage.
- Land Use Permits - Application and informational handouts for land use permits including site plan review, environmental review, critical areas review, subdivisions, shoreline permits, etc.
- Construction Codes - Codes adopted by the City of Des Moines.
- Inspection Instructions - Contact information and how to call in inspections.
- Parcel Numbers - Property parcel numbers can be found by using the city's GIS maps, searching King County's Parcel Viewer, or calling the Permit Center at (206) 870-7576.
- Records Requests - If you would like information on a past or current project, you can submit a Public Record Request.
- Right-Of-Way Permits - Application and informational handouts relating to the requirements for right-of-way permits.
- Transportation Impact Fees - Fee schedule and informational handouts relating to the transportation impact fee program.