Animal Control Division
The Animal Control Division's goals are to provide assistance to our community, return pets that have wandered and enforce laws related to public health, safety and animal welfare. The animal control officer (ACO) will respond to aggressive animal complaints, loose dogs and nuisance calls (i.e., barking dogs or despoiling private property) as well as provide education to the community on how to be a responsible pet owner.
If a person or animal is in immediate danger from an aggressive dog please dial 911 for an immediate response from the ACO or a police officer.
The Animal Control Division looks forward to serving the needs of our community.
Animal Control Complaint Form
Barking Dog Complaint Form
Services provided by Animal Control
- Animal cruelty investigations
- Dog & Cat licensing
- Educational information about responsible pet ownership
- Impoundment of stray domestic animals
- Nuisance animal complaint investigations
- Rescue of sick or injured animals
- Enforcement of animal control laws
- Dog bite reports & quarantine
- Vicious dog investigations & capture
- Referral to other animal service agencies
Lost or Found Animals
The City contracts with Burien C.A.R.E.S. (Community Animal Resource and Education Society) to house stray animals and to provide related sheltering services including adoptions. C.A.R.E.S. does not offer transport to or from the facility. C.A.R.E.S. is a nonprofit 501C3 no-kill animal shelter. C.A.R.E.S. accepts domesticated animals found in the City of Des Moines at no charge.
909 SW 151st ST
Burien, WA 98166
M-F 9am to 6pm